What is the difference between color masterbatch powder and color masterbatch?
Color masterbatch is a granular material made of color powder and resin, including some processing aids and fillers. It is relatively easy to use, does not require color matching, clean, cost-effective, but efficient. And the color master powder should be the color powder, which is a powder mixture of prepared pigments and some additives, with a low price
What is color masterbatch?
Color masterbatch is an aggregate made by uniformly attaching super constant pigments to a resin.
The use of color masterbatch has the following advantages:
1. In order to improve the dispersibility and coloring power of pigments in products, it is necessary to refine the pigments during the production process of color masterbatch. The carrier of the specialized color masterbatch is the same as the plastic variety of the product, and has good compatibility. After heating and melting, the pigment particles can be well dispersed in the plastic of the product.
2. If the pigment is used directly to maintain its chemical stability, the pigment will absorb water and oxidize due to its direct contact with air during storage and use. After being used as a color master, the quality of the pigment will remain unchanged for a long time because the resin carrier separates the pigment from air and water.
3. Ensure the stability of the product color. The color masterbatch particles are similar to the resin particles, making it more convenient and accurate in measurement. When mixing, they will not adhere to the container, and the mixing with the resin is also more uniform. Therefore, it can ensure the stability of the addition amount, thereby ensuring the stability of the product color.
4. The pigments used to protect the health of operators are generally in powder form, which can easily fly when added and mixed. If inhaled by the human body, it will affect the health of operators.
5. Keep the environment clean
What are the basic components of a user-friendly color masterbatch?
The basic components of color masterbatch are:
1. Pigments or dye pigments are further divided into organic pigments and inorganic pigments
Commonly used organic pigments include phthalocyanine red, phthalocyanine blue, phthalocyanine green, light fast bright red, macromolecular red, macromolecular yellow, Yonggu yellow, Yonggu purple, azo red, etc.
Commonly used inorganic pigments include cadmium red, cadmium yellow, titanium dioxide, carbon black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, etc
2. The carrier is the matrix of the color master batch. Special color masterbatch generally selects the same resin as the product resin as the carrier, with the best compatibility between the two, but also considering the fluidity of the carrier.
3. The dispersant promotes the uniform dispersion of pigments and no longer agglomerates. The melting point of the dispersant should be lower than that of the resin, and it has good compatibility with the resin and good affinity with the pigment. The most commonly used dispersants are polyethylene low molecular wax and stearate.
4. Additives such as flame retardant, brightening, antibacterial, anti-static, antioxidant, etc., unless requested by the customer, generally do not contain the above additives in the color masterbatch.
What are the varieties and grades of color masterbatch?
There are several commonly used classification methods for color masterbatch: classification by carrier: such as PE color masterbatch, PP color masterbatch, ABS color masterbatch, PVC color masterbatch, EVA color masterbatch, etc
Classified by purpose: such as injection masterbatch, blow molding masterbatch, spinning masterbatch, etc. Each variety can be divided into different levels, such as: 1. Advanced injection color masterbatch is used for cosmetic packaging boxes, toys, electrical casings, and other high-end products.
2. Ordinary injection color masterbatch is used for general daily plastic products, industrial containers, etc.
3. Advanced blown film color masterbatch is used for blow molding and coloring of ultra-thin products.
4. Ordinary blown film color masterbatch is used for blow molding and coloring of general packaging bags and woven bags.
5. Spinning masterbatch is used for spinning and coloring textile fibers. The masterbatch pigment has fine particles, high concentration, strong coloring power, good heat resistance, and light resistance.
This article comes from Dongguan Meidi Plastic Pigment Co., Ltd（ http://www.dgmdsj.com )
A new type of color masterbatch has excellent performance and functionality, which can demonstrate good value in the production of plastic bottles.
In most cases, people believe that the cost of masterbatch coloring is higher than that of toner.
I learned from the Color Masterbatch Professional Committee of the China Dye Industry Association
The carrier of the specialized color masterbatch is the same as the plastic variety of the product, and has good compatibility,
With the promotion and popularization of "high-performance plastic materials" nowadays, the requirements for color masterbatches in plastic products are not only limited to the level of "coloring"