Performance and quality requirements for color masterbatch
Performance requirements for polypropylene fiber color masterbatch
Polypropylene fiber is a pure hydrocarbon that contains tertiary carbon atoms in its molecular chain. When heated and exposed to light, the molecules at the tertiary carbon atoms are prone to cracking, resulting in poor quality of polypropylene fiber. Therefore, it is required that the color masterbatch produced is easy to diffuse in high-temperature spinning, does not damage the fiber quality, does not fade the fiber, has excellent light resistance, wear resistance, solvent resistance, and can withstand strict spinning draft.
(1) The pigment selected for heat-resistant color masterbatch must withstand the temperature during the production process of polypropylene fibers and maintain its stable performance. The temperature resistance is generally required to be above 270~280 ℃.
(2) The pigment used for dispersible masterbatch should have excellent dispersibility and be evenly dispersed in the masterbatch, and the dispersant used will not reduce the quality of polypropylene fibers. Otherwise, high-quality raw liquid colored fibers cannot be produced, and their operation is unstable, making them prone to breakage or abnormal fibers during stretching.
(3) There are various uses for coloring with brightness polypropylene raw material, among which, it is used for bedding and knitted fabrics, requiring bright tones. Due to the bright and vibrant nature of organic pigments, which are easy to color, organic pigments need to be used for the aforementioned purposes.
(4) Light resistance: Some pigments have a photosensitive effect under the action of light, causing discoloration and brittleness of colored fibers. The light resistance of pigments is basically related to their chemical structure. Therefore, when making color masterbatches, it is necessary to pay full attention to the light resistance of pigments. When using light resistant pigments, ultraviolet absorbers can be considered to be added.
(5) The pigments used in the stable color masterbatch should have excellent stability against colored polypropylene fibers. This means that colored fiber polymers do not react with fibers when exposed to heat, light, or high temperatures for a long time, forming new chemical groups that degrade the performance of the polymer. Therefore, in the color masterbatch, the purest possible pigment should be selected, free of impurities such as iron, copper, lead, etc., to ensure the excellent physical properties of the colored polypropylene fiber.
(6) Water resistance, dry cleaning resistance, oil resistance, and colored polypropylene fiber products must inevitably undergo water washing or solvent dry cleaning during use, and come into contact with oil agents, especially when used in carpets. Therefore, the colorants used must have good water washing resistance, dry cleaning resistance, and oil resistance.
The role of color masterbatch in plastic bottles
A new type of color masterbatch has excellent performance and functionality, which can demonstrate good value in the production of plastic bottles.
Color masterbatch coloring is more economical than using toner
In most cases, people believe that the cost of masterbatch coloring is higher than that of toner.
The title of Asian color masterbatch production country is China
I learned from the Color Masterbatch Professional Committee of the China Dye Industry Association
Complete knowledge of color masterbatch, super practical
The carrier of the specialized color masterbatch is the same as the plastic variety of the product, and has good compatibility,
Gradually increasing requirements for color masterbatches in plastic products
With the promotion and popularization of "high-performance plastic materials" nowadays, the requirements for color masterbatches in plastic products are not only limited to the level of "coloring"